Saturday, August 18, 2012

Picnic in the Park

Hello world, checking in. It's been crazy with the end of Senior Staff training & the start of RA training. I'm really enjoying getting to know all of my RAs & getting a pretty good idea of how the rest of the year is going to go- awesome.

Now RA training is almost over, the students are almost returning and we're in that limbo stage of still getting to know each other/ the building/ and bonding as a staff. We got to go to Peninsula Park the other day to picnic in the rose garden and then went bowling for some fun staff bonding. It was a ton of fun & pretty beautiful.



Don't they look like a fun group?


Not bad at bowling either.

I also decided to jump into the 21st century and bought myself not a smart phone, but close, and I-Pod touch. Now I can use all the fun apps like Instagram, Yelp, & am currently taking suggestions for others that you can't live without.

Feel free to follow me on instagram: midnight_affair

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun group of people! Is the iPod Touch your first iOS device? For free utilities, I enjoy Microsoft Photosynth (allows you to take 360 stitched panoramas), various video streaming services (ABC Player, TV.com has CBS, HBO Go; if you have Comcast, XFinity TV is incredible), and the Home Depot app has a useful toolbox for home improvement. Skype is a great app to have too (although Facebook is buggy). For games, I'd suggest classic board games (Life, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble), puzzle games (Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies, Where's Waldo), and mobile remakes of cute and fun games (Scribblenauts, Kinectimals, Tetris).

    ReplyDelete