Monday, July 2, 2012

Long Weekend

So Paul & I spent a great long weekend in Seattle, seeing Pike Place, working on Paul's old Porsche still sitting in Dad's garage, and introducing him to a large part of my Dad's side of the family.

 My favorite thing about Pike Place is the flower markets. I suited up Pip in her Therapy vest and Paul and I headed to downtown Seattle. It was PACKED because of the rain but we meandered around until all three of us got claustrophobic and ended the day at the Seattle Kells. The cool thing was getting to see the new Seattle ferris wheel that reminded me of the Eye in London. 




1/2/3

I was glad we got to make the trip up before training starts because it's going to be a while before I have another entirely free weekend.

Here is a picture of what Paul's car (1972 Porsche 914, 40mpg, jealous) will hopefully look like once it's restored:

4
Helped bleed my first set of breaks as well as got a close up view of all the work that still needs to be done- weather stripping, speakers, really anything cosmetic. 

And then my cousin David was married last year and he brought his new wife to meet the family, Irish style- A.K.A. potluck with enough food to feed everyone 4 times over. Plus Paul got to meet and be introduced to the fam. where he wasn't the center of attention :)

How was your weekend? Plans for the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment